Saturday, February 5, 2011

A New Take on Conversation Hearts


If you're like me, you love the idea of conversation hearts, but notsomuch the chalk-like consistency and flavor.  BUT, I love the concept of the candy.  I love using them to fill in the blanks on a  homemade Valentine card or for a fun "vintage looking" decoration at a Valentine party.  Although it may save me a few calories to just use them as decoration and not eat them, I'd still rather have something that combines both purposes because, c'mon, who doesn't love sweets?! ;)

That's where this absolutely fabulous tool comes in handy!!  Williams Sonoma has created Message-in-a-Cookie-Cutters.  Beyond brilliant!  I don't own them myself (yet!), but it is definitely an item on my wish list!  Not only does the set come with three different shapes that can be used for any occasion, but there is no limit to what you can say (other than the actual space that the cookie allows)!  On top of that - create any cookie or flavor you want!  No more chalkiness (is that even a word?).  I'm thinking maybe an almond sugar cookie, or something lemon...maybe if you're really feeling creative you could make a different flavor of cookie dough for each color of cookie!  Strawberry, blueberry, lemon, pistachio...add a little food coloring to each and viola!  Now those are some conversation hearts that will get people talking! ;)

3 comments:

  1. We love these - we just used them for a Valentine's Photo shoot...so much better than the little candies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw these ages ago and lost the link - i am so glad you have found them - they are gorgeous!
    Rachie xo

    ReplyDelete