Sunday, August 29, 2010

A picture says a thousand words...or twenty-two...

My college friend and co-worker just had her first baby on Thursday.  This little guy has been a calm one pretty much throughout the whole pregnancy.  I told Rachel that he was going to take his time coming out (which he did!) and that I think he's going to be a snuggly guy.  I guess it's too soon to tell, but when I held little Weston at the hospital yesterday he seemed quite snuggly to me!

I wanted to bring something to Brandon & Rachel at the hospital in celebration of Weston's arrival, but didn't want to go the traditional route of flowers figuring they might already have quite a few arrangements.  I had seen this concept on a website a while back (I wish I could remember and would give due credit if I could!!!), so I can't take full credit for it.  I'm just old-fashioned in the way that I'd rather give you something I spent time making than something I purchased from a store.  Plus, when you've got a new family member, I think it's always fun to see their name in writing :).

I had leftover craft paper from the LumberJack & Jill shower, so I made use of that and some twine for gift wrap, then picked up the letter "W" at JoAnn's to dress it up.  I apologize for the poor pictures/lighting...I was in a hurry and wanted to make sure I at least captured it before I gave it away :).

So there you have it!  If you have a friend that's having a baby or getting married - this is a fun way to celebrate their special day!  All it takes is a computer, some paper, and a picture frame & mat and you are good to go!

5 comments:

  1. HELLOOOOO Frilly Milly! I am so happy to have found you! (via Stem). I can't wait to spend some time soaking in your beautiful blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved your blog.
    Fabiola.
    http://blogencontrandoideias.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trish,
    Love the print. My sis-in-law's little brother's name is Weston (Wes). What a great name! She has a younger brother named Calvin (Cal) if Rachel is looking for a name for #2 some day :)
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is awesome. My BFF from college is having a baby in a couple of months. Maybe I can figure out how to do this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We loved it!!! Thanks so much, can't wait for you to see him again!

    ReplyDelete