Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Nutella Banana Party-In-Your-Mouth

One word here people: UNREAL!!  I cannot wait to make a million-and-one varieties of these things and throw a party to celebrate them! Yum, yum, YUM!!!

So I'm sitting on the couch last night working on the computer with the tv on in the background.  I think it was on Bravo or something...I don't even know.  I couldn't even tell you what show I was watching other than several chefs were being interviewed about their most unique or favorite food experience at a restaurant.  Some were disguisting, others I don't even remember because honestly, I wasn't paying that much attention.  It was just noise in the background until one guy says the word, "Ebilskivers".  Huh??  Is he speaking in a foreign language?  Well, yeah actually, he is.  Ebilskivers are a beloved treat in their native Denmark.  They are light, puffy pancakes that can be filled with fruit, chocolate, jam or cheese and served for breakfast or as an hors d'oeuvre, dessert or light supper (description courtesy of Williams Sonoma).  As many times as I say "the possibilities are endless!" you must know by now that I love anything that offers me an endless variety of combinations and flavors.

So, I purchased my first Ebilskiver Pan and went to town.  It was incredibly easy to make, and even easier to eat! :)  If I can recommend one thing to you today - it's to go out and get yourself and Ebilskiver pan and start creating!  Just make sure to invite LOTS of people over to eat up these little bites of heaven, because I promise you - once you start, it's awfully hard to stop!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks girl. I am going to W.S. to get my pan. Can't wait to make them for my bible study girls morning next Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete